THE JOURNEY AT GLANCE
The overall technical and methodical scope of maintenance has changed over time. Today maintenance is not restricted to simply repair the equipment when it breaks, it also has influence on the sustainable development of society as it influences the environment, safety of personnel and facilities, energy efficiency and financial aspects.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is playing a developmental role in building internal competitiveness of Indian Manufacturing industry. One such initiative is the Industrial Maintenance Expo, which was launched in the year 2010, with an objective to reach out and spread awareness in terms of maintenance solutions to reduce brake down and enhancing productivity as Maintenance is the backbone of any engineering industry.
To achieve better manufacturing growth, CII has been organizing Maintenance exhibitions since 2010 which are showcasing the latest products, technologies and services of maintenance field in industrial clusters across India with a sustained approach.Five editions of Industrial Maintenance Expo have been held so far.
- 1st Edition of IMX was held on 4 – 6 August 2010 at New Delhi with a theme of “Reduce Down Time – Enhance Productivity” and mainly focused on Maintenance Service Care.
- 2nd Edition of IMX was held on 4 – 6 November 2011 at Pune with a theme of “Zero Downtime” and mainly focused on Preventive Maintenance, Breakdown Maintenance & Diagnostic Maintenance
- 3rd Edition of IMX was held on 15 – 17 February 2013 at New Delhi with a theme of “Sustainability through Maintenance” and mainly focused on Retrofitting, Re-Conditioning Calibration & Non Destructive technology
- 4th Edition of IMX was held on 19 - 21 September 2014 at Coimbatore with a theme of “Effective Maintenance” and mainly focused on Proactive & Predictive Maintenance
- 5th Edition of IMX was held on 18 – 20 December 2015 at Pune with a theme of “Zero Defect…Zero Effect” and mainly focused on Enhance Maintenance practices/ Optimizing maintenance Practices
In continuation of this effort, the 6 th edition of Industrial Maintenance Expo is being scheduled from
15 th – 17 th December, 2017 at Auto Cluster Exhibition Center, Pune, Maharashtra. With an attempt
to address the challenges and the needs of the industry with the theme “Zero Defect…Zero Effect”.
- To maximize production output & increase profits
- Effective maintenance Management
- Reducing Total Manufacturing costs
- Improves Productivity of the Production Process
- Eliminate un-necessary Maintenance
- Reduce loss production caused by failures
- Reduce Repairs parts inventory
- Improve Product Quality
- Extend Operating life of Plant & Machinery
With increased global competition for manufacturing, many companies are seeking ways to gain competitive advantages with respect to cost, service, quality, and on-time deliveries. The role that effective maintenance management plays in contributing to overall organizational productivity has received increased attention.